Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:10:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kevin Rosenberg <kevin@cyberport.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   INND & 2.2-RELEASE kernel rebooting

I've recently upgraded our news server from FreeBSD v2.1.5 to v2.2.
After the upgrade, the server now reboots without warning or error message
while running innd. The longest uptime has been about 1 hours with innd.
Without innd running, the server does not reboot.

I've build a new kernel and increased MAXMEM to 128MB and also increased
CHILD_MAX, OPEN_MAX, and MAXUSERS. I've also recompiled innd v1.5.1
without improvement. Swap space is 224MB spread over 3 disks. I've killed
all unnecessary daemons.

Could someone tell the approach to take for rebooting without warning?

Thanks!

Kevin Rosenberg             | CyberPort Station
Chief System Administrator  | The Finest Internet Service Possible!
kevin@cyberport.com         | http://www.cyberport.com
          Finger kevin@cyberport.com for PGP Public Key