Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:18:34 -0500
From:      devin-freebsdquestions@rintrah.org
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1011760229.941611@mired.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk
Subject:   Re: freebsd, openbsd, solaris

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:30:29PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> adrian kok <adriankok2000@yahoo.com.hk> types:
> > Hello
> > Can I put freebsd, openbsd, solaris 8.0 in one
> > harddisk?
>
> I don't think so. Last time I checked, OpenBSD used one partition
> table per disk, not one per slice, and the FreeBSD table will screw it
> up. However, FreeBSD and Solaris can coexist with no problem.
>
> > If yes, what is the install sequence?
>
> I'm not sure it matters. Neither understands the others boots, so you
> need to install a boot manager that can deal with them both. GRUB
> works.

Actually, I was just running a dual boot Solaris/FreeBSD system. The
Solaris 8 boot manager booted FreeBSD no problem. FreeBSD choked on
Solaris , however.

Probably a little late to matter now, though.

--devin

--
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: whatever you say to them they
translate into their own language, and forthwith it is something