Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 06:38:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amanda port, empty PATCH_STRIP= lines causes trouble

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Peter Wemm wrote:

> I feel that it would have been far more appropriate to make a PORT of the
> new patch to give the dust some time to settle rather than causing turmoil
> in the base system.  I personally believe the best thing would be to back
> out the new patch ASAP.

No, -current is right place just for new things integration. We'll forced
to switch to new patch sooner or later, so better do it early.

The only serious difference with old patch is
1) no backups made without -b
2) -p rules changed.
see patch(1)

In case you care about CVS Index'es, both new and old 'patch' behave
_equally_ here.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>