Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 2004 15:36:14 -0500
From:      "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@smxy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: how do I get this to link?

I wrote:

> I can't get the program to link. In the output below, the things that
> c-client4.a is complaining about are found in the pam and ssl libs
> earlier in the line (I grep'd for a number of them, in /usr/lib/*.a, and
> they were found in those two libs). I have tried many different ways of
> ordering the libs, and this is the one that produces the least undefined
> references. I have all the libs found in /usr/lib first and the libs
> from /usr/local/lib second.
>
> I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. Can someone help me
> figure this out please?

I'm at my wits end with this. I've continued to try reordering the libs
or adding them more than once, as 'man ld' says I can do (that only led
to even more undefined references), and even tried to tell ld to search
the libs multiple times, via the -( -) construct, but make barfed on that.

Any programmers out there that would be able to help me sort this out,
off list, please? TIA.

	-ste