Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 02:01:27 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Alex <lex@internode.on.net>
Cc:        buga@lemis.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslogd

On 2001-11-18 18:53:28, Alex wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I have an issue with syslogd that I'm not sure how to resolve.
>
> I'm running 5.0-CURRENT:
>
> I get this dmsg error:
>
> pid 207 (syslogd), uid 0; exited on signal 6 (core dumped).

Your syslogd dumped core because of a bug.  If your world and kernel
are in sync, you should probably compile a syslogd with debugging
information, and let it dump core.  Then run gdb(1) and see a
backtrace for hints about the bug that bit you.

If all this sounds like Greek to you, and you don't know what I'm
talking about, you should probably run -STABLE instead of -CURRENT,
since -CURRENT is by definition unstable and bugs like this might
appear from time to time :)

-giorgos