Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:20:57 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonymaher@optushome.com.au>
To:        benh@jpj.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qlogic Fibrechannel and detecting new LUNs on the fly

On Thu Jul 24 20:33:58 2003 Ben Hockenhull wrote:

> I've installed a Qlogic HBA in a 4.8-STABLE machine and I'm able to present
> LUNs to this machine from an HDS array and use them.  That all works
> perfectly.  However, the only time I pick up new LUNs is on a reboot.
>
> Seems like I should be able to rescan the fabric and pick up new LUNs, but
> there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.  I tried camcontrol rescan, but
> that didn't work.
>
> Any ideas?

Weird.  I have had opposite problem (as discussed on scsi mailing list in
last couple of days).  Booting would not see the SAN disk but an
explicit 'camcontrol rescan 1:0:4' would show the disk.
My problem has to do with how cam code scans.  If there is no
device at lun 0 it does not probe the other luns.
This should not be your problem since booting does pick them up.
(and this is under 5.1, I'll reinstall 4.8 tomorrow not that I expect
behaviour to change)

What is the exact camcontrol command you use?

--
tonym