Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 00:51:27 +0300
From:      "Oles' Hnatkevych" <gnut@cki.ipri.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   S3 VIRGE troubles

Hello!

  So happened I manage several computers with FreeBSD installed on them.
Among them one has S3 VIRGE based videocard, and one has S3 VIRGE DX
based videocard. Both these computers work perfect except that during
X session logout they may hang. It happens only during logouts.
And these crashes/lockups look like green vertical lines on a monitor.
And 'reset' button is the only way out.

  I'm asking if anyone experienced this problem and how did they cope
it?

  Please help me.

P.S. This 'feature' never happened on another S3-8* simple freebsd box
and this feature was experienced on freebsd 2.2.2. and 2.2.6.
May be I should change XF86_S3V to XF86_SVGA?

PPS Is there any hardware-specific mailing lists on freebsd.org?