Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 00:41:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: where's opt_sysvipc.h?

As Marty Leisner wrote:

> Well, I rebuilt config and rebuilt the kernel with no
> major problems...
>
> How often does  config change (or was this rare?)

About five times between releases, roughly.

> If its something thats changing, shouldn't it be in the
> kernel source tree?

Maybe.  Since it installs as a binary into /usr/sbin, it's in
/usr/src/usr.sbin by now.  The lkm's are kernel-dependant as well, and
are neither under the usr/src/sys hierarchy.

People running -current are expected to read freebsd-current, where
it's usually being announced when some new feature requires rebuilding
config or the lkm's.

--
cheers, J"org