Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 20:45:35 -0400
From:      pcramer <pcramer@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   email woes

I'm trying to install a web-based e-mail program on one of our servers.
It
was designed for FreeBSD and Linux.  We are running BSDI 3.0, and this
is
apparently not kosher.

When I try simply reading a message that's already been delivered, I get

these errors:

MIME::Base64 object version 2.03 does not match $MIME::Base64:: 2.10 at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00403/DynaLoader.pm line 65535.

and

Can't call method "login" without a package or object reference at
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/atmail/libs/Common.pm line 285.

Obviously there's something that's going on with the perl modules.  The
ReadMe file indicated that a common installation problem was with MIME
modules, but I really don't know what that is.  Perhaps I don't have a
current version of perl5?  I don't know.

Please let me know ASAP if you have any idea what this could mean.

Thank you!!!!!!

Paul
pcramer@lizshoes.com