Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:29:44 -0800
From:      "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Dale Walker <dale@icr.com.au>
Cc:        "Robert S. Sciuk" <rob@ControlQ.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

> > Is there an authoritative voice here to indicate the current state of
> > the project,

> Is there a core member guiding this effort?? I hope so... I'm sure pretty
> soon that they will make an announcement - please....

At this point in time, there are no core members involved in this (that I
know of).  I will let the "main man" announce himself.

> > Running Kernel to start with??

Nope.

> what can be provide (ie FAQ's, current kernel src tree, etc, etc)
..snip..
> will this be developed hand in hand with i386 FreeBSD, or will it be a
> separate entity (at least until out of alpha)??

Source tree organization and distribution has yet to be figured out.

> What resources do we need to set up: suggestions....
> 1. FAQ on FreeBSD-sparc

Good idea.  So what are the frequently asked questions?
(email me and I can start that list).

> 3. FTP'ible source tree

Come now.  We can do better than FTP. :-)  We, FreeBSD, are the inventors
of CVSup.

I guess we could hang them off of www.freebsd.org.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)