Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:43:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "A. Karl Heller" <heller@cdnow.com>
To:        empey@plato2.ml.org (David Empey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS Problem

  I've never done this file the exact way you have it but this works
for us:

@       IN      SOA     ns1.cdnow.com.  postmaster.cdnow.com. (
                        98093003; serial number - UPDATE AFTER EVERY CHANGE
                        10800   ; Refresh after 3 hours
                        3600    ; Retry after 1 hour
                        604800  ; Expire after 1 week
                        86400 ) ; Minimum TTL of 1 days
        IN      NS      ns1.cdnow.com.
        IN      NS      ns2.cdnow.com.
        IN      MX      10 socko.cdnow.com.
        IN      MX      20 daria.cdnow.com.
        IN      MX      30 socko2.cdnow.com.
        IN      A       209.83.166.2
        IN      TXT     "CDNOW - The Internet Music Store "

Then you would have your other addresses:

www	IN	CNAME	cdnow.com.

 Try throwing your IN A ipaddress into the block just below your MX
records.  Also, and an IN to your CNAME list.

Karl

 Also, specify your config directory in named.boot just for safety:

directory	/etc/namedb