Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 02:04:05 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Joey Garcia <bear@unix.homeip.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone going to Comdex next week?

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:47:41AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> It's been a long time since Comdex was anything other than a huge bunch
> of people all trying to sell bullshit to each other.  But it's like Mardi
> Gras, it's fun to go to just to see the spectacle of it.

Might be fun some other year if someone else was footing the tab, the price
of hotel rooms and everything else doubles for Comdex, but this year would
be no fun. The desperation is going to ubiquitous this year. Even microsoft
supplied hookers and whiskey will not brighten the mood. Too much of a
downer this year. If I want to get that depressed and not spend the money
I'll sit at home and listen to the Joy Division.

Comdex, pass.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.4
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org