Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:27:05 +1100 (EST)
From:      Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD > linux and perl

Hi All

Sorry for that dirty word in the subject but I have a problem with perl.

I have a perl program that runs fine under FreeBSD and someone asked me to run
it in a Linux box. Never dealing with linux before I gave it a go with no luck
at all. Can anyone point me to the problem ?

perl5 is installed on the Linux box

<snip>
root@host radius]# perl generateRADIUS.pl
            Undefined subroutine &Sys::Syslog::LOG_DEBUG called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/Sys/Syslog.pm line 114.
 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at generateRADIUS.pl line 3.
</snip>
<snip program>

            #!/usr/local/bin/perl

            use Sys::Syslog;

            Sys::Syslog::setlogsock('unix');

</snip>

Any help would be great

Sorry in advance of having a Linux question on FreeBSD but I do need expert
help.

Keith

---
E-Mail: Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>