Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:30:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jim Prewett <download@hpc.unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   jail issue

Hi,
I run a PGP key server (SKS 1.0.6) inside of a jail.  However, my key
server seems to be getting confused as to its IP address and is sending
packets as the host environment (not as the jail environment).

The IP configured in the jail (output of ifconfig) shows the proper IP
address for the jail.

ifconfig in the host environment shows the host's IP and the jail's IP (as
an alias on the same interface).

tcpdump in the host environment does confirm that the packets are getting
the wrong IP address when sent out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I cvsup'd (from cvsup12.FreeBSD.org) this morning and reinstalled the
world for the host and jail environments and a new kernel for the host.
This did not resolve the problem!

Here is the output of uname -a:

FreeBSD nox.hpc.unm.edu 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #8: Tue Jan 27
17:26:04 MST 2004     root@nox.hpc.unm.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOX  i386

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

Jim

--
James Prewett
Systems Team Leader			Designated Security Officer