Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:36:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Alex Baram <baram@mscd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nfs exports from the same filesystem

Hi,

     I want to export a couple of directories.  The directories are
located on the same filesystem and are being exported to the same host.
One directory in read-only and another directory in read-write.  Here is
the exports file I use:

/etc/exports:

## Export my home dir read-write
/home/alex  nova

## Export rcs read-only
/home/rcs   -ro   nova

     When I restart mountd, only /home/alex gets exported and I see this
error in /var/log/messages:

Aug 16 09:26:13 clem mountd[45972]: can't change attributes for
/home/rcs
Aug 16 09:26:13 clem mountd[45972]: bad exports list line /home/rcs -ro
nova

      Can I export more than one directory on the same filesystem to a
single host?  If not, is there any other way to achieve the same effect?

Thanks!

ps: Please reply to me as I am not subscribed to this list