Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:51:13 -0300
From:      Luiz Lins <luigi@vecom.com.br>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   File Descriptors...

Hi,

    I'm using FreeBSD-2.2.5 RELEASE and Mysql-3.21.30. Developing a new
database, a stuck in a problem:

    My database has thousands of tables, therefore I wrote a Perl script
will create and insert values in the tables. The script works fine but
after create about 125 tables, mysql returns an error that there's too
much opened tables (Error 23).

    Looking into manual, it says I have to increase the number of file
descriptors that my system handle. Here is my (Newbye) question: where
do I change it?

                                                Thanks in advance

                                            Luiz Lins
                                        <luigi@vecom.com.br>