Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 13:10:22 +0000
From:      curtis <ufkartfm@pacific.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hard time obtaining multia bootstrap

hi mike,

i just tried it a few moments ago and it stalled again at 16384 bytes
and (fwiw) this was on a clean cdrom installed version of i386 2.2.6,
using the packaged netscape 4.04.  each time, before the attempt, i
cleared memory and disk cache and right clicked the file for a save.

previous to this, i tried it on a clean ftp install of 2.2.7, using
netscape 4.05 and 4.06. (chuckle) i lost 2.2.7 the other night during
a 3.0-beta install (my error).

the reason i brought it up was due to the fact i had no problems in
getting the stuff off doug's freefall site at www.freebsd.org/~dfr/
using the same method.

i know you folks are busy and jordan did let me know there was some
work being done to establish a ftp alpha repository.

yes, please send me a copy.

best2u and thank you,  curtis

--
curtis - ufkartfm@pacific.net - site administrator for Nobody
      I want Nobody to control my life!  How about you?