Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 15:36:59 +1000
From:      Jacob Rhoden <jacob@vicyouth.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba Tecra 550CDT - PCCARD

Hi,

I have been using FreeBSD for a while now, and have just recently procured
a Toshiba Tecra 550CDT laptop, and would like to be able to network it. I
have installed FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE and have tried two different pcmcia
cards in it, my DLink 660DE and a Xircom CreditCard Ethernet+Modem card.
Both are listed in the supported hardware.

When I boot with the DLink, the lights light up but they dont flash to
indicate network traffic (as it does when booted into windows) and using
the xircom, the lights don't flash at all.

When I boot, FreeBSD recognises the pccard slots, and detects there is a
card. During boot, when it detects there is a card, it pauses for about 5
seconds, but makes no sound.

What do I need to do to make the card appear as a valid network interface?
When I do "ifconfig -a" it does not appear, and I have enabled pccard
support in rc.conf (well have put set the settings which I figure you need
to set, as I cant find any real help on the web about this)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Regards,
Jacob Rhoden.