Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 20:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Martino <chrismar@peanut.readington.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Networking: Subnets

Hi, I just got the okay from my ISP for a 6 host subnet to use for my LAN,
but I seem to be havinging a hard time understanding how to implament it.

I currently connect using ppp0 on FreeBS.  I think have my FreeBSD box
plugged into the "Uplink" port on my hub, which is also where the other
machines are connected to.

Now, will my freebsd box have 2 IPs (one for ppp0 and one for fxp0) or
will it just have one? Thats really the only thing I'm not sure about
since I do want to use the freebsd box as I guess it would be a router and
a gatweay.

Any insight on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated.  And I do
feel somewhat ashamed to even ask this question because I work at the isp
and I don't even know how to configure everything.

TIA,
Chris

--

Chris Martino