Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 19:27:56 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/netscape4-navigator   Makefileports/www/netscape4-navigator/files md5   netscape.shports/www/netscape4-n

Good too see that someone else has the same problem.

I am a heavy user of Netscape, not only processing all my 200+ message a day
email but often running many browser windows (10, 15+).

However most of my crashes are due to using email only (as thats what I do
most of my life!!).  This is with 4.05, 4.06 or 4.5pr1.

I'm pretty sure that the frequency of crashes increased at at certain point
in time.

The type of crash has changed as well.

For quite a while Netscape was giving signal 11 crashes (a year ago or so).
But after that something changed and it always crashes with a signal 10 these
days.

I hope others can confirm this.

I'd hate 3.0R to be released with a significant VM bug.

--
|Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au|