Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 20:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        matt <matt@Mlink.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-PORTS <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: WmInet and asmon

On 31-May-99 matt wrote:

> These two programs need ported badly! They are terrific, I'm dismayed to
> find that they won't compile normally =/ If anyone likes docked
> applications and is a better programmer then me wants to have a look
> at it, Please let me know... Or make it a port, it'd be terrific..
> The error is:

Don't expect programs that were made for Linux to work.  Asmon most definitely
doesn't work (just tried it) and I, for one, don't feel like spending the
time to make it work :-).  Welcome to if you'd like.

With regards to wminet it seems to use some "features" of Linux's struct utmp
that don't exist in ours.  See above, good luck!

> cc -o asmon  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXext -lX11
> /usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
> /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `main'
> *** Error code 1

Use gmake.  The Makefile has this:

        cc -o asmon $^ $(LIBDIR) $(LIBS)

---