Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:48:30 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Alexander Logvinov <abuse@akavia.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux port: Apache License Version 2.0 question

Quoting Alexander Logvinov <abuse@akavia.ru> (from Tue, 14 Nov 2006 =20
13:21:37 +0900):

>  Everything works, but there is an issue concerning Apache License,  =20
> Version 2.0 for xerces-c.
> What are the conditions for making a port of linux-xerces-c2 and  =20
> making a package from it?
> LICENSE.txt file is present in the rpm and is copied to  =20
> /usr/share/doc/. Is this enough?

The Apache License is BSD like, so you don't need to distribute the =20
source (if I read it correctly). If in doubt, add the source RPM to =20
the port too (like we do with the GPLed linux-stuff).

I hope you install into LINUXBASE (linux libs should go there) and not =20
into LOCALBASE (you may get problems when FreeBSD native programs try =20
to use linux libs which are installed into LOCALBASE).

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
=09=09-- Ogden Nash

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137