Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 2002 00:15:53 +0530
From:      "Unix Tools" <unixtools@hotmail.com>
To:        <aSe@SysFail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mail?

Hi,
1) Install qmail from ports, It get installed in the /var/qmail directory.
2) Install vpopmail from ports. Set the vpopmail directory to
/home/vpopmail.
2) Add an entry at the end if the inetd.conf file
        pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/pop3
3) Now we need to create a file /var/qmail/bin/pop3. Open a new file
/var/qmail/bin/pop3 in an editor. Add the below line in the file.
        /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup your.hostname.com
/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1
        where your.hostname.com should be replaced by the hostname of your
server.
4) Give a HUP signal to the inetd process.

Thats It.
Your pop3 server will be up and running.

You can mail me back if you are stuck at any point.

Cheers