Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:27:09 +0530
From:      "Sanjay Bhattacharya" <sanbh@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Long live The Penguin!!!!

Please guys (the anti Penguin lobby), relax. I've been making my bread and
butter out of Linux for the last 3 years. And I am a Sun Certified System
Administrator. Still I've chosen my work field to be Linux. Why? Because I
am in love with the penguin. As for me I haven't found anything that's
drastically wrong as it always happens with Winblows. On the contrary there
are revolutionary changes in 2.4 series kernels. One that has made my life a
lot easier is certianly netfilter/iptables. And as for the libc problem, a
little caution always saved my from big hassles. I am sort of a newbie to
FreeBSD. But one thing I dislike about it is ipfw. Its so complicated. In
contrast iptables in Linux is a pleasure to use. Apart from that upgrading
Linux kernel is an easy task. I always patch my kernel with the latest
updates and then I compile it. It runs like a dream. And believe me, I
haven't faced a single problem in the last three years. But one thing I
always avoid is rpm's. You might call me an old timer but I've my faith on
the sources. And the configure/make/make install/ has always given me what I
wanted. And to say nothing of the device recognition capabilities of the
Linux kernel. I thank my lucky stars again and again that I don't have to
bother about the HCL, thanks to Linux. So I think the Penguin is doing a
great job. And under no circumstances it is inferior to the daemon. I want
to conclude with the slogan ..."In Penguin I trust".

rgds,
Sanjay