Date:      Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:04:29 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, skreuzer@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: innotop-1.8.0_2 and mytop-1.6_7 cannot be installed together

--------------enigA83D1544D3648BCFD354A105

On 31/10/2011 19:59, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I tried to install innotop and mytop together by portmaster command:
>=20
> portmaster databases/mytop databases/innotop
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>>> The following actions will be taken if you choose to proce=
ed:
>         Install databases/mytop
>         Install databases/p5-DBD-mysql
>         Install databases/p5-DBI
>         Install devel/p5-Term-ReadKey
>         Install databases/innotop
>         Install databases/p5-DBD-mysql51
>=20
> As you can see, there is problem with conflicting dependencies:
> p5-DBD-mysql vs. p5-DBD-mysql51
>=20
> The portmaster installed p5-DBD-mysql and mytop first, then innotop
> installation failed with:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>  p5-DBD-mysql51-4.019 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       p5-DBD-mysql-4.019
>=20
>       They will not build together.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
>=20
>=20
> If innotop is installed separately first (with it's dependency
> p5-DBD-mysql51), then mytop will install OK and will use p5-DBD-mysql51=

> instead of default p5-DBD-mysql.
>=20
> I am not sure, what port should be changed in what way.
>=20
> mytop uses:
>=20
> ${SITE_PERL}/${PERL_ARCH}/DBD/mysql.pm:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mys=
ql
>=20
> innotop:
>=20
> p5-DBD-mysql${MYSQL_VER}>=3D1:${PORTSDIR}/databases/p5-DBD-mysql${MYSQL=
_VER}
>=20
>=20
> I installed them without problems in the past.
>=20
> Miroslav Lachman

I've never really understood the point of all those slave ports that
tack the MySQL version onto the port name.  The generic p5-DBD-mysql
port works with any version of MySQL and in fact installs pretty much
exactly the same files as the explicitly versioned port for whatever
version of mysql-client is on your system.  Or in other words, as far as
mytop is concerned it will work with whatever one of those p5-DBD-mysql
ports is already installed, so just install innotop first.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3