Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:05:10 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <crees@physics.org>
Subject:   Re: Split irc/quassel into irc/quassel-client and irc/quassel-core

Ben Woods wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> I run quassel on my home FreeBSD server and again on my FreeBSD laptop.
>
> Because I do not want to bring in the numerous dependencies related with
> the client application to my server, I unset the MONO and CLIENT options in
> my poudriere make.conf. But of course that means I cant use my poudriere
> built packages to install quassel on my laptop (no client).
>
> What do you think of either splitting irc/quassel into irc/quassel-client
> and irc/quassel-core, or having a master port and slave ports?
>
> Regards,
> Ben

May I suggest just having a slave port for quassel-core?  The client and
mono appear to have the heaviest dependencies.

Example at https://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/quassel-core.diff
(It's ready to commit, so if you're happy Max it can go in)
<https://www.bayofrum.net/%7Ecrees/patches/quassel-core.diff>;

Chris

believed to be clean.