Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:26:34 -0500
From:      chris@tourneyland.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache Q - apache.conf vs httpd.conf?

Hey all,

I was trying to configure my Apache (1.3.6), and none of the changes I was
making to httpd.conf seemed to be making a difference. I figured that was
my fault, till I noticed a file named apache.conf in the same directory. So
I tried editing it instead and all is well.

I'm a little nervous about both being in the directory though. Do they both
belong there? That seems unlikely. One thing I was thinking, is that I did
an just did an install of Apache 1.3.6, even though it may have already
been installed. Since I've been using Apache 1.3.6 on Windows (yeah, I
know) for a few months now, I know that it uses httpd.conf, so I wouldn't
expect a change. But does the problem lie therein?

Or more succinctly - I would like to kill httpd.conf if it isn't doing
anything.

Thanks,
Chris