Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:22:08 -0900
From:      Brian Raynes <brian_raynes@dnr.state.ak.us>
To:        freebsd advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>, Bean <bean@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Review of the FreeBSD advocacy site

Johnson David wrote:

> On Thursday 21 March 2002 10:01 am, Bean wrote:
> > I think the entire FreeBSD project site needs work... And I've been given
> > the go-ahead to start working on it in my free time (what's that?!), with
> > final approval from the core of course. Do you guys have any suggestions on
> > features/design you'd like to see in a redesign?
>
> Make sure it works in Konqueror. No fancy Java, Javascript, Flash, etc. We
> want it to look pretty, but content is what counts.

I would strongly second that request.  When I want information, I like
fast, relevant and current.  Fancy graphics and pictures that slow
things down are irritating and do not usually add information.
Within those parameters, anything you can do to make it attractive is
good.  If you can add real content that helps with advocacy, and make it
easy for visitors to find, that would be even better.

Brian Raynes