Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:04:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Scott Gerhardt <scott@gerhardt-it.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RAID Controllers

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

> > Second post little response first go-around.
> >
> > Help!!
> >
> > I'm trying to pick the BEST RAID card for a FreeBSD server I'm
> building.
>
> There is no "best".  It depends a lot on what you're doing.  By the
> sound of it, you'd be better off with a 2-port 3ware card, to be
> honest.

	Mike, if you have the time, could you ellaborate on that "what you
	are doing" and how it matches up with the drivers in FreeBSD.  I
	think many people would be happy [well, at least me] if you made a
	quick bulletted list.  For example:

	- If you want good driver support, the 3ware card is a good choice
	- If you want excellent speed, the Mylex card is a smart choice
	- etc,etc

	Or maybe just a couple quick notes, so someone could get this
	into a doc format somehow.  I know you must be a busy man
	so simple "F$%* Off, do it yourself!" would be understandable.

	Or does this information already exist in some document?

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Keep on Routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"