Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 08:10:24 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@sparcmill.grauel.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One problem && one question

>On Feb 13,  9:39, Richard J Kuhns wrote:
>} Subject: Re: One problem && one question
>} Justin T. Gibbs writes:
>}  > Patch round two:
>}
>} Sorry, still no cigar.  I rebooted this machine several times this morning,
>} trying to copy the boot messages.  I guess I'd better set up a minimal
>} configuration to test this so the bt messages will remain on-screen.
>}
>} At any rate, I believe it looked like:
>}
>} <Buslogic id info>  int a irq 10 pci 0:13
>}   mapreg[10] type 1 addr 0x00006000 size ffff0004
>} bt0: Invalid base address
>
>The region size calculation seems broken!

The driver only cares about the I/O port, which isn't reported above.  I've
seen boot -v output from bt946 cards before, and they at least report a
sane I/O port address like 0x330 (when listed as a device without a driver)
 - never looked at the size, but it should be 4.  I wouldn't bother hacking
up the memory size calculation just for this card since we won't even use
it.  I just sent him an updated patch, that corrects some mistakes I made
in the last one, but I did notice something odd in the PCI code:

      if (bootverbose) {
            for (reg=PCI_MAP_REG_START; reg<PCI_MAP_REG_END; reg+=4) {
                data = pcibus->pb_read (tag, reg);
                if ((data&~7)==0) continue;
                switch (data&7) {

                case 1:
                case 5:
                        printf ("       map(%x): io(%lx)\n",
                                reg, data & ~3);
                        break;

I guess that everything must be quad-word aligned so that is why you
& ~3?  Is this in the spec even for I/O ports?

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations