Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:24:30 -0400
From:      Simon Shapiro as Himself <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Matthew Spiers <matt@pavilion.net>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fibre Channel SCSI Controllers

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > We've been offered Seagate 18FC's which we're interested in using with
> > FreeBSD.  Looking at the supported hardware we find that there is only
> > one supported adaptor:
> >
> > QLogic 1020, 1040, 1040B, 1080, 1240 and 2100 SCSI and Fibre Channel Adapters

DPT makes a RAID/Caching FigerChannel controller with many exciting
features (2 channels per PCI slot, 256<B cache, battery backup, etc.

These controllers are i2o, and I am actively working on such support for
FreeBSD.  Will be ready with alpha driver in a couple of weeks.

--

Sincerely Yours,                 Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
                                             770.265.7340

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth