Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 20:52:39 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        matt <matt@mlink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-PORTS <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WmInet and asmon

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 11:48:23PM -0400, matt wrote:

> : > cc -o asmon  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXext -lX11
> : > /usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
> : > /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x69): undefined reference to `main'
> : > *** Error code 1
> :
> : You're not specifying any source or object files to compile.
>
> I'm not stupid, I only pasted the last line because everything else
> compiled fine into object files. it was only on the linking that it died..
> I also haven't slept in 30 some odd hours, so that may play a part. Lets
> not start a war on here, eh?

Look, I'm not complaining that you omitted the previous steps in the
compilation.

I'm saying that in the output you posted, in the line beginning
"cc -o asmon", there are NO FILES TO BE COMPILED.  There should be
one or more "foo.c" or "foo.o" files in the command line during the
linking phase, and there are none.  I can produce exactly the same
error message without even having the source!

If you're not going to accept help, why ask for it?

Sheesh.
Matt

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stupid is as stupid does.