Date:      Sun, 5 May 2013 22:51:10 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Romanenko <melanhit@gmail.com>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/178359: [geom] [patch] geom_eli: support external metadata

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM,  <linimon@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Old Synopsis: geom_eli: support external metadata
> New Synopsis: [geom] [patch] geom_eli: support external metadata
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-geom
> Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
> Responsible-Changed-When: Mon May 6 00:54:16 UTC 2013
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> Over to maintainer(s).

I had a quick look at the patch and noticed that it is using -H for
init method, but -h for the attach, configure, setkey, delkey, resume,
resize, and dump methods.

The patch also shows that it removes the -h option from the init
method.  I looked at the -Current and release/9.1.0 sources for
geom_eli.8 and they don't have the -h option.  I suspect it was a
local modification that was made before this patch was created.

It would be best that init, attach, configure, setkey, delkey, resume,
resize, and dump methods use the same option (-h or -H) to specify the
headerfile.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.