Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:13:58 +0200
From:      peppe@unipg.it (Giuseppe Vitillaro)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   restore "Specify next volume"

  I'm trying to restore a file system under FreeBSD 2.2.2 and
  I got in trouble.

  The dump was done with the command:

     rdump 0unBbf 2000000 32 peppe@rs5:/dev/rmt0.1 /u1

  under FreeBSD 2.2-BETA using a remote tape installed
  on a RISC/6000 running 3.2.5.1.

  Now I'm trying to restore (by name) the tape content
  with the command "restore xvf" and the restore command
  ask me to "Specify next volume #: " where the dump
  was all on a single tape file (actually the tape contain other
  four before and one after filesystems I restored correctly
  with the same command).

  I even extracted the dump from the tape on a file
  with the dd command and I obtain always the same
  result.

  The restore command acts like the dump was contained
  in more than one volume, where I'm almost sure was
  done o a single 2.3Gb tape.

  Where is the problem? What I did or I'm doing wrong?

  Thank in advance, Peppe.