Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:40:25 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        "S.F." <synfin@ameritech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpeg player

S.F.:
 |Thanks for your help 'mplayer' works just fine for my need. Really nice
 |perfomance.
 |I have very lame question. When I play video it plays in a screen 4" by 3"
 |window. I have read RTFM plus misc FAQ's but haven't achieved results I
 |wanted. I was unable to make screen bigger. I compiled it with GUI option, I
 |have tryed several options, only window resizes, but the video screen stays
 |the same.... Window go fullscreen, but video-play area is still 4" X 3"...
 |Is there any way I can make video-play area bigger?

Do you really mean " as in 'inches', or 4x3 aspect ratio.

FWIW, when I do -fs and play a VideoCD, I get a 1600x1280 desktop-sized
window with the video sized like this (the video is scaled to full-screen
at full frame rate thanks to the Xv extension support on my Matrox G450):

                                Desktop Size
                        ----------------------------
                       |                           |
                       |___________________________|
                       |                           |
                       |                           |
                       |                           |
                       |        video area         |
                       |                           |
                       |                           |
                       |___________________________|
                       |                           |
                       |                           |
                       |                           |
                        ---------------------------

Does your XFree86 version support XVideo ("xdpyinfo | grep XVideo")?  Does
it support it for your video card ("xvinfo")?

Randall

MPlayer 0.50pre-1(C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
mp3lib: Using AMD 3dnow-dsp(k7)! optimized decore.
vo: X11 running at 1600x1280 with depth 16 and 16 bits/pixel (":0.0" => local display)
VO: [xv] 640x360 => 1600x900 Packed YUY2 fs
Xvideo image format: 0x32595559 (YUY2) packed
Xvideo image format: 0x32315659 (YV12) planar
Xvideo image format: 0x30323449 (I420) planar
Xvideo image format: 0x59565955 (UYVY) packed
using Xvideo port 46 for hw scaling