Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:19:13 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        neil@synthcom.com (Neil Bradley), freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quad-PIII...exists?

>> >Humm... and my experience here is similiar, but in the opposite direction,
>> >I won't touch a Supermicro or Tyan board, but ASUS has been rock solid
>> >for us, sans occasional problems with BIOS code.
>>
>>    ...and while we're all saying conflicting things, I've had *zero* problems
>> with SMP Tyan motherboards (and we're talking sample size >50 motherboards).
>
>You call $10K worth of returned memory 0 problems.... :-)

   It was the wrong type of memory for that amount of chip loading for
that (Intel) chipset. It had nothing to do with the specific motherboard.
I've had no problems with those systems or any others that I've built
when using the correct memory.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.