Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:15:51 -0500
From:      "Philip R. Moyer" <prm@complexsys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE, Applix hangs when run

I have a laptop running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.  I installed Applix
from the distribution CD.  I installed it by mounting the cd and
running the install script; I did not use pkg_add.

When I execute /usr/local/bin/applix, which is the shell script that
executes /usr/local/applix/applix, a binary), it doesn't core dump,
but it doesn't display anything either.  It just sits there and
accumulates cpu time.  Has anyone else run into this?  If so, what's
the fix?

Cheers,
Phil