Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:41:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Anthony Accurso <ihtarlik@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video Cards

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Anthony Accurso wrote:

> To whomever receives this,
>     I was looking over the supported hardware list for FreeBSD and I
didn't see any video cards listed.

That's because FreeBSD doesn't provide the support for video cards.  A
project called XFree86 does.  See www.xfree86.org

> I have an AGP Voodoo3 3000 in my
> system and was wondering what complications this may cause if I chose to
> install FreeBSD on my system.

You seem to be in luck.  See www.xfree86.org/4.0.1/Status.html
click on 3dfx (who makes the voodoo) and you'll see there is support for
the voodoo3 in xfree86 3.3.6  which is the version that is included with
Freebsd.  I don't know how good the support for that card is, but it
exists.  Somebody else could comment if the card works well or not.

> Sincerely,
> Anthony Accurso

You may get better response from this list if you make sure your email is
sent as plain text instead of html.  Html doesn't look good on the mailers
that most people on this list use.
	Try instaling it (good instructions at
www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html)  and see.  FreeBSD also works very
well without any graphics.  It supports pretty much any graphics card in
text mode.  Good Luck!!

						Tim