Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:41:39 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to compile portions of FreeBSD as modules?

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 10:38:12PM +0000, Pankaj Chhabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell how to compile portions of kernel as modules.
>
> For example if I were to add if_xl as a module, what would I do?
Hello, I need to do nothing :-)
Just don't compile it into kernel. As opposed to Linux, FreeBSD compiles
ALL, what is not included into kernel and can be compiled as module, as module.
So you can just say "kldload if_xl"

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia