Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:24:12 +0400
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: FWD: Re: May I add pthread_[gs]etconcurrency to the threads libr

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:44:09AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> Sergey,
>
> FYI -- Dan Eischen asked me not to commit your changes to
> libpthread.  I then told him he should at least try to use your man
> page and credit you appropriately.
>
> I also told him that he's wrong about returning ENOTSUP, according
> to the standards.
>
> John

So, I can't understand Daniel's position.
SUSV2 and SUSV3 says:
<quote>
If an implementation does not support multiplexing of user threads
on top of several kernel-scheduled entities, the
pthread_setconcurrency() and pthread_getconcurrency() functions
are provided for source code compatibility but they shall have no
effect when called.
</quote>

AFAIK at this time real implementation of that fuctions not yet avaliable.
If it not yet avaliable - I think we must use this implementation.
In near future, when the other implementations to be avaliable,
somebody immediatly replace old fake implementation with new real one.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL