Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2019 12:49:10 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        C C <moscow1789@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mesa-dri build problem

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 8:52 AM C C <moscow1789@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello dear list members,
>
> I'm having trouble to build the port on 12.0-RELEASE-p9 regardless of
> whether or not any options for this port are set.
>
> checking for AMDGPU... yes
> configure: error: LLVM target 'amdgpu' not enabled in your LLVM build.
> Required by radv.
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to x11@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/wrkdirs/usr/ports/graphics/mesa-dri/work/mesa-18.3.2/config.log"
> including
> the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
> idea
> to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
> /usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
> *** Error code 1
>
> I'm trying to building using poudriere, and in the past the port built
> successfully. As far as I understand the default llvm in build jail uses a
> standard llvm build. I have limited skills with FreeBSD, but generally
> enough skills with opensource software. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

What options are selected for devel/llvm90 (or llvm80 if your default has
not been updated)? The amdgpu backend is not part of BE_FREEBSD. You need ,
at least, BE_NATIVE. I'm not sure whether you need BE_STANDARD, the
default. There has been discussion of adding amdgpu to BE_FREEBSD but I
don't think it's been done yet.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com