Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:46:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, dfr@nlsystems.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic in FFS/4.0 as of yesterday

softupdates already "kinda" doesn this..
it queues data writes at one point in the future and directory writes
at a different point in the future. I believe that data writes must be
completed before inode writes which must be completed before directory
writes. If they are not the the dependencies will FORCE that ordering.

The reason to preschedule the different actions is to make it all happen
in the right order anyhow, so that the dependency tracking is a big NOP.