Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:48:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        shahmeer@UVic.CA, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compile Errors

Turn the kern_securelevel option in rc.conf to "NO", reboot, and install
your kernel.  You problems with not being able to run X are also related
to having too high of a securelevel.  There are workarounds for the
problem with X, but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/