Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 1999 08:58:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        members@funy.org, groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu
Subject:   The Bazaar

Thanks to whoever on this list posted about the bazaar conference.

Having been busy I haven;t really had the time to actively search out
advocacy efforts here in NYC.

The long and short of it is this. We really didn;t know about this until
last night, but I wrote Lydia Bennett (one of the conference chairs) and
possibly got a booth for FUNY (read as BSD users of New York, no longer
"FreeBSD Users of New York") at the conference. I'm not sure of the status
of that, will probably fnd out this week.

If we do, I'll need volunteers.

Also, I volunteered to lead a BSD BoF session in the evening, kindof a
FUNY meeting open to everyone on the premises of the conference grounds.

If anyone has ideas as to how to go about it, theres already a BSD
Info/tutorial type sessiont hat will go into the history of all the BSD's
but I'm hoping maybe I can get a few computers for Free, Open and NetBSD,
and we can discuss and maybe make it a semi-help session?

Mickey, feel free to distribute this to OpenBSD folks as well...and anyone
who has contacts within the NetBSD community? (Bill?)

And We'll do our damned best to find some beer afterwards for Mickey =)

-Pat

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking