Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:26:11 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI + AGP video card

I have a PIII 1 GHz system with a Matrox G450 AGP and an ATI Rage Pro
PCI card.

With only the Matrox card installed, everything is fine, but as soon
as I install the ATI, even without configuring it into XFree86, the
Matrox displays become a jumble of lines. The ATI display does work,
if configuration for it is done.

Is there some problem with running these cards together? Do I need to
tweak a sysctl or set something in the kernel config? It looks like
something about the ATI PCI is stepping on the G450.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)