Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:44:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Hartoyo <suntzu@theartofwar.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        K H Tan <netline@pop.jaring.my>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel for Dual Pentium Xeon

>   # To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
>   options 	SMP			# Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
>   options 	APIC_IO			# Symmetric (APIC) I/O
>
> I don't know if there's anything special about the Dells which would
> require additional parameters.
>
> Greg
> --

Right now I am using a Dell PowerEdge 1300 dual pentium III 550. For my
system, I added the following lines to kernel config:

options		SMP
options		APIC_IO
options		NCPU=2	 #same with GENERIC
options		NBUS=5	 #GENERIC default was 4, doesn't work!
options		NAPIC=1  #same with GENERIC
options		NINTR=40 #GENERIC default was 24, doesn't work!

Try to use mptable(1) to get the kernel options that you might need.
I hope this is helpful.

Hartoyo