Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:47:31 -0500
From:      "reddevil69" <reddevil69@cox.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Platforms, OSes,etc.

Hi there. I have a question or two if you folks don't mind. I would like =
to migrate to a better, more stable OS for surfing, making music and =
data cd's as well as dvd's,  and importing images ( vhs and photo)  to =
cd/dvd. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that Windows is good for =
is my games, probably because I'm tired of all the bs (crashes,bugs, =
holes etc.).  I have a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M motherboard with an Athelon =
XP 2400+ (Thorton). My question then is this, What platform do I have =
(i386, pc98 ? ),  and what OS would you recommend for my purposes ( =
FreeBSD, Red Hat, SUSE?) irregardless of  brand names,  and multi-boot =
setups are not a problem. Please respond in non-geek english, and thank =
you very much for your assistance..