Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 21:05:32 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with new drive (Connor CFP1060S 1.05GD 243F)

J Wunsch stands accused of saying:
> > > 	Are there any known problems with this drive?  Anything I should
> > > have jumpered that isn't?  Settings on the controller that I've missed?
> >
> > Some firmware revisions of this drive have problems with large read/write
> > operations.  I'd suggest searching the list archives...
>
> But at any rate, this should not cause the drive to spin down, don't
> you think?

I don't recall spindowns being a symptom of that problem, no.  I'm
just suggesting that even if the spin problem is a fauly power
connector, the drive's firmware may still be problematic.

I should have been a bit clearer about that I guess; my call is still
to ditch the disk ASAP.

> cheers, J"org

]] "wherever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Banzai                   [[