Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 14:23:40 -0500
From:      "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Stacey Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject:   RE:  Help required for dynamic DNS home network...

>Hi Kevin,
>  To clarify matters, here's a map of the set-up here:
>
>Internet--->ADSL/Router----->FBSD Firewall / G'WAY---> SWITCH------> LAN
>   current Domain IP (not what I intended)
>

>Internet--->ADSL/Router----->FBSD Firewall / G'WAY---> SWITCH------> LAN
>                     Domain IP (desired)
>
>With this topo, the intention is the use the FBSD box as a
>firewall/Gateway for the intenal network.
>
>I'm trying to ensure that my private network here is secure, before
>anything else., so I'm a bit disappointed with the unexpected (although
>apparently functionally correct) "feature of the router:-(
>
>Stacey

Two possibilities.
    1.  Get the hardware device (router) to view the FBSD gateway as
        "DMZ" and pass all to it.  I doubt this is really the issue.

    2.  Quite likely...contact your ISP and ask them to assign the IP
            to the Outside IF on the FBSD machine, not to the router/modem.
        .  My company just needs to have the MAC address and they can
            do it right away.  Quid pro quo....I'm on cable, not ADSL.

G'luck...

KDK