Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:35:27 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARLA(afs) not working.

FreeBSD mailing list wrote:

> the arla port is not working.
> It does not compile.
> I also tryed new versions like the 0.27 but it does not work as well.
> Anyonw could fix this problem ?
> I know that it runs on OpenBSD.
> thanks

I can't get it working either. I can get 0.27 to compile on 3.3-S, but
it takes some hacking. Even then i can't get it to run. I don't know how
to get xfs set up.

Here's what i did to get it to compile(sorry, no patch yet):
Delete patches/patch-aa
Delete patches/patch-ac
make configure

in work/arla-0.27/include/kafs.h

line 179:
int krb_afslog_uid __P((const char *cell, const char *realm, uid_t
uid));
change to:
int k_afsklog_uid __P((const char *cell, const char *realm, uid_t uid));

line 182:
#define k_afsklog_uid krb_afslog_uid
change to:
#define krb_afslog_uid k_afsklog_uid

That should get it to compile and install. But I still don't know how to
get it running. I'm told that it works, I just can't make it happen.

-Brandon
bfoz@glue.umd.edu